Saturday, November 1, 2008

Friends, what is that?

We had our friends come down from Las Vegas this past weekend. I need to complain a little.

The wife was going to her high school reunion, that is why they came. They stayed with their friend Manny, which is Ruben's friend too. They have three girls, one of which is Ruben's Goddaughter. Well, we saw them all of 5 minutes. They had already made plans to go elsewhere, while Lisa was at the reunion. Normally I would probably not be upset.

But, these are the same people, that we travel to Vegas every year in November for the girls birthday's. Even when I was 6 months pregnant we drove there. We went to Vegas to see Lisa and take care of the girls while she was going through her Chemo for breast cancer. I called every day to every other day to see how she was doing, if she needed anything. The other people they saw while down here are also the other girls godfathers. The ones who have not gone to any birthday parties, never even remember their birthday's to even send cards or call to say Happy Birthday. I was told never even called to see how Lisa was. They have only seen Leah 2 other times one last year and then right before she turned 1. Al was supposed to be her Godfather, but I told Ruben he better find someone else. I won't have someone be the Godfather of my child who cannot even take time out, more than 5 minutes to see her while they were here the whole weekend.

Makes me wonder who or true friends are? Not sure we have any. When they need anything we have to be there. Ruebn has known Al since they were in Elementery School together. I think it just sucks. Ruben was and still is very hurt. They did not even call to say goodbye. When we go to Vegas we do nothing but hang out with them. So no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment